LED street light is using light emitting diode as its light source. It is gradually recognized by people for its advantages of directional light emission, long service life, low power consumption, and environmental protection, and gradually replaces traditional light sources. LED street light is also a kind of solid-state cold light source, it has the characteristics of long life, low power consumption, no pollution. So it has become the best choice for road energy-saving lighting transformation.
Characteristics of LED lights
The difference between the conventional traditional street lamp and the LED street lamp is that the traditional lamp is directly connected to the AC power supply and is connected to the 220V AC power supply. The LED lamp needs to convert the AC power to the DC power to reach the DC constant current it needs, and it is highly efficient. Safety, energy saving, environmental protection, long life, fast response, high color rendering index and unique advantages, can be widely used in urban road lighting.
Advantages of LED lights
1. Characteristics of the LED street light itself - one-way light, no light diffusion, ensuring light efficiency.
2. The light source of the LED road has high utilization efficiency and has reached 110-130lm/W at present, and there is still much room for improvement in the future.
3. The LED light has a low light decay, and after 7 years of use, the light fades less than 20%, and it still meets the road lighting requirements.
4. LED lamps have a long life, normally use about 70,000 hours, and have three years of quality assurance.
5. LED street lighting efficiency: good fog, it is more than 75% energy saving than traditional street lamps.
Using chips with ≥100 LM or more can save more than 75% energy compared to traditional high-pressure sodium lamps.
6. The quality of LED street lamps is reliable: Each LED uses a separate over-current protection to protect it from damage.
7. LED road light color uniformity: It does not need to increase the brightness, do not need to add a lens and change the uniform light color, but to achieve a uniform light color without aperture.
Disadvantages of LED lights
1. LED street lights have low power and need to be used in parallel to get high power.
2. LED road light failure. The power of LED street lamps is not easy to dissipate, which causes a significant drop in brightness.
3. LED road spot light. The error in the manufacturing process of the reflector cup or lens and the white LED itself easily causes a "yellow circle" problem.
4. The LED street lamp has a low color rendering index. The light from the LED street light is not as bright as the traditional street light.
At present, the technology of LED street lamps is now becoming more and more mature. The use of LED street lamps of 100 lm/W or more has become an energy-saving retrofit for urban street lighting. Now high-power LED street lamps are becoming a trend and gradually occupy the market of traditional street lamps. It is now used as a fashion in roadsides, factories, schools, and homes in cities.